If you believe you may be experiencing a Kundalini awakening, below is a list of possible expressions it may take. This awakening manifests differently in each individual, yet although some of the symptoms listed may point to other conditions, the combination of symptoms from the psychological, physical, spiritual and energetic, is an undeniable Kundalini landmark. If you are experiencing extreme or intense symptoms remember that this process is fluid and that what you are feeling will constantly shift and eventually pass.
Here is a list of common Kundalini awakening symptoms and manifestations:
- Blissful experiences of Oneness and seeing the divine in everything (can be a glimpse or last for months). This bliss can be accompanied with a sense of dissociation from the physical body.
- The world can seem highly lucid, vivid and alive.
- Out of body experiences.
- Temporary physic experiences: for example seeing light forms, or hearing guidance or music seemingly out of nowhere.
- Developing lasting extrasensory perception: Clairsentience (feeling or touching) Clairaudience (hearing or listening) Clairolfactus (smelling) Claircognizance (knowing).
- Spontaneous past life regressions.
- Grandiose feelings of being the chosen one or called to heal and save the world.
- Constant insights and “downloads”.
- Feeling that there is no veil between the spiritual realm and the physical realm.
- Ability to absorb immense amount of spiritual material.
- A sense of something moving inside you, like an electrical current or a bloodstream you can feel. At times it can feel like over flowing water, fire or wind.
- Shaking of the entire body or an involuntary jerking of different parts of your body known as “Kriyas”. Kriyas can also manifest as the body going into spontaneous Yoga poses – even if you never practiced Yoga before.
- Lack of energetic boundaries: a feeling that someone else’s energy can go through you or feeling overly empathetic.
- Heat at the bottom of the spine, a sense of inner burning, can be felt in other parts of your body too.
- Changes in your breathing.
- Intense energy surges through the body and spine, or milder sensations of energy “working” in some area of the body, such as feeling tingling sensation in the brain.
- Energetic intolerance : Inability to tolerate certain people, your energy body rejects them. feeling very uncomfortable or ill near a person without a logical reason.
- Feeling fragmented or as if you have “no center”.
- Anxiety, fear and terror: some people may experience panic attacks.
- Experiencing constant shifts in mood regardless of external triggers.
- Bliss and childlike joy.
- Long periods of heart openings and increased love and compassion for all of life.
- A feeling of extreme belonging, or a feeling of extreme alienation.
- Collective pain: being empathetic to the point of feeling like you connect and feel the pain of the entire world.
- Feeling Raw: feeling like a child emotionally, this occurs through spontaneous regressions into old emotional pain and the age when it was caused with little ability to separate into your adult self.
- Depression or grief: periods of grief are normal while letting go of former paradigms.
- Feeling empty, nihilistic even, that nothing has a meaning: Common after periods of extreme bliss and finding meaning in everything or after letting go of core beliefs.
- Extreme sensitivity to content: having no ability to tolerate any form of violence, sarcasm, news nor graphic sex scenes on TV or the Internet, in books or conversation around you.
- Dreams of snakes: The snake symbolize transformation, transmutation and death and rebirth. The snake is a known ancient symbol of Kundalini.
- Vivid dreams and lucid dreams.
- Over stimulation: a lack of ability to tolerate light, sound, strong smells and large crowds. A feeling that everyday life and stimuli is too overwhelming and almost offensive to your nervous system.
- unprovoked sexual stimulation and spontaneous orgasms.
- Digestive issues: A need to constantly change diet, lack of appetite, too much appetite and strange cravings, food allergies or intolerances, nausea, IBS.
- Temporary changes in eyesight and hearing.
- Weight fluctuations: Loosing or gaining weight without changes to diet. The body’s metabolism maybe affected for a while and slow down.
- Insomnia or the opposite, extreme tiredness or fatigue and a need to sleep all the time.
- Feeling cold or hot: your body’s temperature maybe changing as well, you maybe feeling overly heated or colder than your usual body temperature.
- Pressure or pain in random places in the body or the chakra centers, the pain can be there for a day or longer.
- Skin conditions: Rashes and itching or needles all over.
- It is not uncommon to experience autoimmune conditions (CFS/ME, thyroid issues and fibromyalgia) during Kudalini due to adrenal stress.
- Kundalini can manifest as different strange symptoms in the body that are un-diagnosable by doctors and are usually temporary – for example heart palpitations, numbness of the limbs and many more.
A doctor or a therapist will most likely be unable to diagnose your Kundalini awakening, but you, once educated about it, will know what you are experiencing is very real and 100 percent valid. If your Kundalni is feeling overwhelming or extremely demanding, here are some tools to help cope with the intensify of some of the symptoms.
Important note: The advise above does not replace the need to consult a professional physician and a psychiatrist. If you are in anyway suicidal or feeling that your life is in danger please call 911 for assistance immediately.